Powered By Blogger

Sunday, April 17, 2011

7 degrees of Kevin Bacon




The idea behind 7 degrees of Kevin Bacon is that people are all connected. If you connect the dots in a sequence of 7 or less moves everyone is connected to Kevin Bacon. I’m not sure if it’s true, however I do believe it’s a smaller world then it may appear.

I got to thinking ….. People often say” When I get to Heaven I’m going to ask Jesus this one question.” I can think of a few things I’d like clarified. One thing I’m curious about is, “How do all of these seemingly meaningless assignments, all work together”? Like when the LORD prompts you to help a person, give a little (money or time), or say something to a stranger. The Bible says” ALL things work together for good”. In 1 Cor 3:6-9 the Bible states “Paul planted, Apollos watered, but GOD makes the increase, we are God’s fellow workers”.  I believe it’s so very important to keep close to Jesus, meditate on the LORD day and night. He wants to whisper those “Divine appointments” in our ears; those little tasks we are all called to every day.

 One day, God may reveal how all of those dots are connected, how even the smallest tasks of obedience have been used to spread the wonderful LOVE of our Heavenly Father. Be available to the Holy Spirit. Make this declaration with me now “HERE I AM, LORD SEND ME”



1 Corinthians 3:6-9 “6 I planted the seed, Apollos watered it, but God has been making it grow. 7 So neither the one who plants nor the one who waters is anything, but only God, who makes things grow. 8 The one who plants and the one who waters have one purpose, and they will each be rewarded according to their own labor. 9 For we are co-workers in God’s service; you are God’s field, God’s building.”

authen family (2) 4/17/11


No comments:

Post a Comment